..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Time Square Diner

So what is an American experience without a visit to the diner? When I was last in NY, I did exactly that. I did my research and found that the Time Square Diner was one of the more iconic and long standing diners around the Time Square area, since it was a snowing Sunday morning, I used 'avoiding the snow' as an excuse to be a pig at the diner.

The thing that sucks most about traveling alone is dining alone. Options whittle down and you can't share with anyone and the worst thing is..... you look like a bit of a loner at some places where everyone is chatting to someone. Anyway this didn't stop me.


To start my American diner experience I got myself a hot chocolate to defrost. Big chocolately, frothed milk was before my eyes and I devoured the warmness very quickly.


It was hard to narrow it down so I got the loaded Time Square breakfast which was another word for a big breakfast. This came with the option of French toast or pancakes (I picked pancakes), eggs (any way you like), bacon, sausage, ham, hash brown and toast. The buttermilk pancake was fluffy and really hit the spot with maple syrup but it was so big, by the time I was 75% through the pancake I was already stuffed. At this point I haven't even touched the bacon, ham, eggs and toast yet. Hash brown is always good, but these were more of a fried potato hash and not a form single piece of hash brown. The streaky bacon was crispy. This is a lot of food and for $14.95 (USD) I found it to be very good value.


I really should have stopped when I couldn't finish the loaded breakfast but my curiousity got the better of me and I ordered the Time Square burger. This came with a huge juicy patty, mushrooms, relish and bacon. It was greasy but really good.

Overall 14.5/20 I think this place is good for the tourist diner experience. The staff were all very friendly and happy to chat. The menu had a huge selection and well rounded selection for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper.


Times Square Diner on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig