..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Monday, September 30, 2013

Tivoli Road Bakery

After reading much about the hype of cronuts in the USA, I was thrilled to find out that I could get them in Melbourne. Instead of being called cronuts they are called doissants here (due to trademark and copyright reasons). For those of you who are unaware, it is basically a cross between a doughnut and a croissant. Both bad for you but just the thought of fluffy goodness of a croissant in a doughnut was enough to get me hooked.

Located on a side street off Toorak Road, this place has quite the hipster vibe. Known to be extremely popular, I had to call ahead to preorder them. 






I got my hands on both the chocolate croissant and the raspberry custard. They lived up to what I expected too. I went nuts and brought 6 of each, which wasn't such a good idea because the next day, they got a bit hard and is nowhere as nice as they are fresh.

I was quite lucky, when I was there, they gave me their famous doughnuts free to try. I may have went there for the doissant, but I left as a fan of their salted caramel doughnut.

Absolute Delish!


 Tivoli Road Bakery on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig