..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Monday, November 23, 2015

From On High

Another weekend, means another brunch date with K. This time R joined us as well, where we ventured toward Prahran to pay From On High a visit. K draw my attention to this one as she was loves to hunt for new brunch places, as much as I do.

It's located on High Street with a very cute cottage like exterior, great little cafe for local to visit. The atmosphere and the decor brings out it's rustic charm and the mode of operation also matches

We all ordered our usual, latte, flat white and soy latte. Coffee was quick to come and great on the lips.

K was very disappointed that the Waffins were sold out, as we specifically came for that. However it didn't take her long to spot another sweet dish on the menu. She chose the Pikelet Stack instead. This came as a thick fluffy stack, with vanilla mascarpone cream, fresh berries, honey comb, chocolate soil and finished with a dusting of icing sugar. I particularly like the vanilla mascarpone on this. The creaminess tied all the elements together nicely.

I picked the Vodka and Beetroot Cured Ocean Trout. The Vodka got me curious, it is not a common cured ingredient to cure fish and especially not on a brunch menu. It came with crispy chat potatoes, poached egg and beetroot relish. The vodka flavour was not as strong as I'd imagine, it was mostly the beetroot that I tasted. It went well with the poached egg and potatoes. This was a nice breadless option for me. The potatoes was just enough carbs without the heavy feeling.

R picked the Crisp Polenta. This came with big portobello mushrooms, harissa, kale, crumbed eggs and parmesan tuille. Normally I am not a fan of polenta but I do like mushrooms. This dish strikes a nice balance of something I don't and do like. The mushrooms were full of flavor and the parmesan provided that strong punch to balance out the mildness in the fried polenta. K and I preferred our dish but R happily enjoyed the polenta, I think it's more suited for someone wants to eat well but without all the naughty factors.



Over 15.5/20 it was a cute little cafe and offered an interesting menu. The service was attentive and it ticks all the boxes of a good place to catch up with friends.

From On High Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig