..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Mustafa Gemuse Kebap

Welcome to the Germany edition of Missy Ness! Over the next few weeks l will be showing you some of the food adventures l had in Europe.

When in Berlin one must try a doner kebab. Besides all the great sausages, schnitzels, pretzels and apple strudel, Berlin has a lot of kebab stores. It's a quick feed for those in a hurry. Since I was only here for a few days and didn't want to waste my calories and meals on something that was touristy, I did my research (and with a bit of luck we also drove pass this place and noticed the line) and found Mustafa's. Since Germany doesn't have Zomato, I relied on yelp and Tripadvisor. Lucky for me, they made it easy and both pointed towards Mustafa's as one of the most popular and highly rated.





It's a tiny store located on a main road with lots of cars driving by although you won't miss it as at any one time there is always a line there. Research tells me the standard wait is 45 minutes however when I went with FU, AA and D we waited 1 hour and 15 min and that was going there on a Monday at 3pm.


The choice here is easy; you either want meat or vegetarian and either in a roll or a wrap. Being the carnivores that we are, and also because it was freezing and after 1 hour and 15 minute wait in 4 degrees, no one wanted to share. AA and I opted for the roll while FU and D went with the wrap.

The roll was a bit smaller than the wrap. The lightly toasted bun came with the lot (cooked zucchini, capsicum, red onion, potato wedges, carrot, salad leaves and cabbage), the meat was tender and the sauces complimented the ingredients perfectly. I would have bought another one, if there hadn't been such a long line to order again.


The boys got the wrap; the wrap bread was also warmed up so it was soft and lush to bite into. The wrap was bigger and the sauce was spread evenly through the wrap. There was also potato wedges in the wrap but it wasn't as prominent as the roll. If I had to choose, I would say the roll is the winner but both are still extremely tasty and will more than leave you satisfied.

Overall 18.5/20 BEST kebab I have ever tasted. If I was local, I would come here every week for my fix.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig