..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Pho Hung Vuong 2

As promised I said I will review all 3 in this chain. So the second Hung Vuong is located in Richmond on Victoria Street, again they specialize in pho.


I visted with D this time, we both got a noodle soup each and spring rolls to share. I got my usual slice beef with tripe. This came with a very generous amount of slice beef and the thicker type of tripe. The soup was very intense in a home style way, it was a rich and flavoursome broth but it reminded me of my friend's home-cooking when she makes me pho.




D got the beef and chicken combination. As usual this came with heaps of ingredients like slice beef, chicken, beef ball, tripe, brisket. It had the same soup base. D said he preferred the soup base at Springvale and Footscray as he likes the huge hit in flavour.


The prawn spring rolls to share was the perfect final touch for me. I love something crispy with every meal. They fried it to a golden yellow, served with fish sauce and lettuce. My only complain is I wish they has used the softer part of the lettuce so it was easier to wrap around the spring roll.

Overall 15.5/20 it's a great cheap eat with heart warming noodle soup. Perfect lunch and dinner meal for the cold Melbourne winter.

   Click to add a blog post for Pho Hung Vuong 2 on Zomato



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig