..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Fritz Gelato

This is a name that has been popping up a number of times in the newspaper recently. Melbourne and Sydney have been going through a gelato craze so there has been a number of articles on the best gelato in town. Fritz's name has popped up quite a few times.

Anyway I was near one last Saturday night, so the time had come for me to try one. D and I visited the one in Richmond. It's located on Bridge road, near all the restaurants.

We walked in and was greeted with a friendly guy behind the counter offering us to taste. The strawberry panna cotta caught my eye, so I had that to taste. It was too sweet for my liking. I really wanted pistachio when I walked in and sadly they didn't have any that day.




In the end D and I decided to get a 3 scoop to share, it was like 3 degrees outside and we couldn't decide on the forth flavour so we just got 1, 3 scoop to share. We got the hazelnut, blood orange and strawberry sundae.

The hazelnut was the winner out of the 3, velvety texture and strong hazelnut taste. Blood orange had all the right notes. good tangy and sweet balance. Last flavor was the strawberry sundae, this was a bit 'ordinary' compared to the other 2 flavours. It was a really good strawberry gelato taste to it, but I felt like I wanted more, after tasting the other 2.

Next time I go back, I think I will get the salted caramel. There were 2 ladies near us to got it and was saying how good it tasted. I definitely had gelato envy!

Overall 17/20 great gelato and just makes me want to go back for more!


Click to add a blog post for Fritz Gelato on Zomato
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig