..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Sunday, January 6, 2013

N2 Extreme Gelato

I accidently came across this on a blog and was very keen to try it. Just so happened, I was sent to Sydney for work last week.

For those of you who haven't heard of it before, the concept of N2 is that they make the ice cream on the spot for you.... only catch is........ they add liquid nitrogen into the mixture so it turns into an ice cream consistancy straight away.

This place is tucked into Dixon's place near Chinatown. Once you get there, you are greeted with the sight of people wearing lab coats behind the counter in front of a number of KitchenAid mixers.

The flavours you get here, aren't exactly your usual vanilla, chocolate, strawberries and cream etc. Like the way they make their ice cream, the flavours are also a bit experimental. During my visit the flavours they had were butter popcorn; banana, peanut crumble; earl grey, caramel; coconut and pomegranate tea; mango sorbet; pineapple milk; sandy beach and; sour cream, chocolate. 

Unfortunately, I was able to try all the flavours. I ordered the butter popcorn, earl grey caramel and banana peanut crunch. Surprisingly I liked the butter popcorn the best. This tasted like butter popcorn laced into a vanilla like gelato with small popcorn bits. It may sound strange but the flavours actually work very well together.


The earl grey caramel was also very pleasant with the hint of tea infused into the mainly caramel gelato. Banana peanut crumble was...... very strongly banana scented. To me it tasted like a strong combination of both artificial banana flavouring and fresh banana. Personally I found this a bit overpowering but my partner loved it.

I also managed to get a sample of the coconut, pomegrante tea gelato. My guess is they used coconut water to get the final flavour. It was very sweet smelling and also taste very much like coconut without the heavy milky flavour. Not a bad choice for summer.

If you are in the area, you should really give it a go. At $6 a serving it is quite a generous size and for that price you also partly get the show. It might be a bit of a gimmick but I am a sucker for these type of things. 





N2 Extreme Gelato on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig