..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Stables of Como

Located in Como Garden in South Yarra, Stables is a perfect lazy Sunday brunch spot (unless you are one of those people who doesn't have to work Mon-Fri, then it is a perfect spot for your every day). It really is a textbook inner city retreat. You walk through the relaxing garden to reach a white rustic house.



When I walked in I was captivated by the array of cakes and sweets there was on off but I didn't get offtrack. I sat back down on my table and ordered my food.




Since the Sangers are their popular menu item, D decided on the Croque Jockey. This had ham, caramelized onion, stringy cheese and mustard bechamel. The sandwich was definitely hitting the spot. Shame it was a tad small, as D was quite famished.



Just to be different, I ordered the Happy Chicken Pot Pie. This came baked in a bowl with fluffy pastry lid. The filling was composed of leek, carrots and tarragon. Perfectly hearty feed.

Given how many sweets were on display, there was no way I was leaving without trying one. I ordered the red velvet lamington out of intrigue (never had a red velvet version before). This has soft, moist chocolate sponge on the inside with a layer of cream cheese. The outside was coated with chocolate and red desiccated coconut. It was the perfect way to end the meal.

Overall 15/20 this place has great ambiance and perfect for all ages. The food is simple but done well.

The Stables of Como Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig