..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Monday, September 14, 2015

Scarvelli Cafe

Recently Miss P and I ventured out to Balwyn to pay Scarvelli Cafe a visit for brunch. We initially had a larger group with Mario and K as well but after a 4.30am wake up to line up for Lune, Mario and K dropped out and waved a white flag, leaving just Miss P and me.

Located on Whitehouse Rd in Balwyn it was a perfect location for the locals. It had a few tables on the side walk so it's doggy friendly or for those of us (like me) who like to avoid hayfever I opted for indoors.




When we sat down we were greeted with a lovely smile and ready to take our coffee order. Miss P went for the soy cap and I went for a soy latte. Their beans were roasted by Industry beans so I was keen to get my caffeine hit.


Since it was 2.30pm already, we were really hungry and got straight into ordering. I got the Good Life bowl with added salmon, I would have picked the minute steak but they were out of it. This was a healthy combination of silverbeet, baby spinach leaves, broccolini, poached egg chickpeas and crispy kale. It was surprisingly filling. Along with the salmon it was the perfect healthy meal my body was craving.

Miss P was more hungry than me and she opted for the Braised Beef Cheeks. This came baked in  mushrooms (her favourite) with parsnip puree, herbed brioche crumbs and pickled onions. This was very filling and the beef was nice and soft, together with the mushrooms it was a very hearty brunch. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't like the usual toast and eggs affairs for brunch.


Since I have been sick for a good 3 weeks, I thought I would up my vitamins with a freshly squeezed juice. I had watermelon, apple and grapefruit in mine. It hit the spot and gave me that bit of sweetness to finish my meal and I didn't reach for anything naughty afterwards.


Overall 15/20 it was a very pleasant surprise, it doesn't look like much from the outside but it makes the perfect weekend brunch hangout for locals or if you are in the area.

Disclosure: MissyNess and guest was invited to by Carlos and dine at the courtesy of Scarvelli cafe.



Scarvelli Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig