..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Town Mouse

I wanted to come here for ages so I was stoked when D finally got us a table for date night. It is located off Lygon and had a great atmosphere. We were seated by the bar so we got to see some of the bartender action.

We wasted no time and got ordering straight away.Once the order was in, we were given some fresh bread with house-made black sesame butter. I went gaga over it. 




First thing we got was the fresh oysters, this came with a chardonnay/vinegar sorbet served with a wedge of lemon. This was not the usual way I have my oysters but I loved it, the acidity and sweet balance in the sorbet was a great way to get taste buds going. I wish we ordered more.

Goat cheese profiterole and duck liver parfait were the first tapas entrees we got. The goat cheese profiterole had honey and thyme with it so it gave a nice balance to the creaminess. The duck liver parfait came with pickled cucumber and a super thin potato crisp. It was intense and luxury on the lips. I wish I had bread to make this go further.

Smoked eel brandade was a nice surprise, I have never had brandade before so it was a nice surprise. I quite enjoyed the saltiness paired with the thin sourdough toast. I would have preferred the toast to be not so thin as it kept breaking each time I tired to spread the brandade on it. Overall still very tasty with the intense punchy flavours

For the main to share we got the snapper which came with grilled broccoli and clams. The fish was fresh and retained good flavour as it was cooked just right. The grilled broccoli with clam and olive oil was a nice complement that wasn't overpowering and provided just enough bite

Creamed corn was our side of choice. This came with creme fraiche and tarragon. Once spooned through this was like a thick, thick corn soup with a punch. It was heartwarming like a soup but not quite a soup

Lime posset with green apple, white chocolate and matcha. That layer so sugar film was finely created and the thing that held everything together. This is a great dessert for anyone who prefers a more of a fresh taste and not the typical heaviness in decadent rich chocolate desserts. The line cut through the sweetness and there was just enough sweetness

Yoghurt semifreddo with hazelnuts and feijoa. I really just ordered this because I saw the word feijoa, it one of the fruits I love but sadly not everyone knows how to use or have even heard of it. The semifreddo was lighter than ice cream but still enough to be cut and served like cake

Overall 17/20 enjoyable experienced and food. Liked all the dishes we tried and would go back again to try other things on the menu.



The Town Mouse Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig