..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Monday, August 20, 2012

Paco's Taco




Lately I've been obsessed with Mexican food and my research lead me to Paco Taco. Situated near MoVida on the rooftop, this place would sure make a cool 'date night' in summer. Sadly, I didn't go on a summer night, but a winter midday for lunch. Fortunately, I had a bit of sun to keep me warm.

When you look over at this place, it looks like just a canteen/bar type of place, which it kind of is......

All tacos are $6 so pricing won't come into play when picking out the filling for your taco. Since this is a taco joint, I'll start off with the tacos. I ordered 3 of the 6 tacos on their menu. To keep it basic I got the prawn, beef and pork. They served the tacos with lemon and coriander, to be quite honest, it wasn't that spectacular. After, trying the tacos at El Loco in Sydney, these seemed rather ordinary. Personally I found the large amount of coriander a bit of an overkill... I guess if you haven't been to El Loco you might like it more than I did.

The Nachos were a different story. The corn chips were loaded with flavour and topping. The Salsa Verde and the cheese just worked so well together and the salsa and guacamole was fresh and balanced the flavours so well. I think they should change their name to Paco's Nachos. If you visit this place, this is a must try.

Then, there was the BBQ corn. Char-grilled corn with chipotle mayo, queso (cheese) and lime. You simply can't get this wrong. The sweet juicy flavours from the corn with the cheese and chipotle mayo is just something I just keep eating if I was sitting in front of the television.

Then there was the doughnuts. These little suckers were loaded with either chocolate or caramel sauce. Not great for the waist line, but it was a treat on the lips. Personally I like the caramel over the chocolate, but the 2 friends I was with both prefer the chocolate. Not my favourite dessert under the sun, but it is something I won't mind if I visit again.



 
Overall, this place is not too pricey. However don't expect American street cart taco prices. It does aim to be slightly upmarket. Not a bad experience, I would definitely be visiting this place a bit more in summer. 14/20

Pacos Tacos on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig