..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

White Mojo

As of late there have been a fair few new additions to the Melbourne CBD brunch scene with White Mojo being one those that recently opened. It is located on Hardware Street, which you could call the brunch centre as there quite a few cafes around this part of the CBD.

D and I went late on a Sunday afternoon so we had no problems getting a table. We were whisked in and seated straight away. Rather than getting a coffee, we decided to get a smoothie bowl to share. We ordered the Green Matcha Super Power. This was a heavy smoothie made up of coconut water, avocado, spinach, kale, matcha, green apple and honey topped off with goji berries, dried coconut and almonds. There is a generous dose of matcha in here, and even with all the other things in it, this is the standout flavour of the bowl (a good thing). It is not too sweet but very heavy, and it is almost a meal in itself. Be prepared to wait as well. It was the first thing we ordered but the last thing we got. The bar/drink area was very busy, so be prepared to wait.

For the main, D really wanted the Cauliflower Pannacotta but they had sold out for the day (the downside of going late to avoid the queues). Instead D opted for the Pork Benedict. This was crispy pork belly, kale, two poached eggs with hollandaise sauce and chorizo dust. This is a heavy meal as the pork belly is quite fatty, but the pork is done very well. The apple and the hollandaise sauce helps to cut through the fattiness nicely. A good dish overall.

As usual I went for something sweet, to balance out the usual savoury dish that D orders. I had a hard time deciding between the Chia Pudding and the Eton Mess, and in the end I decided on the Chia Pudding because I saw someone have it next to me and it looked pretty (yes I am a total sucker for ordering what others have ordered). The chia pudding was made with white chocolate, freeze dried berries, white chocolate gel and fresh berries. I had to say I was disappointed with this dish - a week before I had an amazing chia pudding at The Kettle Black so I was somewhat expecting something similar. However, it was nothing like the one at The Ketlle Black as it was a completely different flavour base. The white chocolate felt a bit too sweet for my liking as a brunch option. Also, whilst I might be bias here, I didn't enjoy the freeze dried fruit. I would have preferred more fresh fruit to cut through the white chocolate sweetness. Overall a let down.

The doughnuts that I keep seeing on Instagram were sold out so I didn't get to try it. (insert sad face)

Overall I liked the creativity in the menu and I would go back to try other things on the menu.

  White Mojo  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. One thing about meal café is that you will star service. Our family friendly and with staff I Proud of café and trust the high quality of the food. Food Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Blogger/Admin,
    I found your website when I am doing a web search. The article you wrote, regarding the venues to eat out, got my attention and it was well-written.
    I have two kids, I always think where I could bring my family along for eat out and something interested!
    Now I found your article, and this is so convenient for me to plan my family holidays together!

    Also, I would like to let you know that, I am designing a website, which is for the directory of places and restaurants where are family-friendly.
    This website is solely for families with young kids, and provides all the information for parents where to bring family for eat out and play around Australia!
    I’d like to welcome you to provide us with more information, such as
    New attractions(https://au.kilyc.com)
    If an attraction has already been added on the website, then you can click on the attraction page and add your blog/website link
    Since the website I designed is for directory, so you just need to enter the name of the attraction, images of the attraction, a short description and your blog/website link!
    When a member is reading the information of attraction on the website, and click on “Blog Journal/Review”, this will directly link to your blog page.

    Again, thank you very much for your article!
    I am also looking forward to a new attraction added by yourself to the directory on my website.

    ReplyDelete

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig