..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Two Birds One Stone

Recently visited this place for lunch. Located on Claremont St in South Yarra it's just off the main street, but still easy enough to find. It's a rather small and cosy place which makes it a good brunch places on weekends. Onto the food...

I love my mushrooms, so I couldn't go pass the roasted mushrooms with feta on toast. Served with watercress leaves, this was nice brunch option. It wasn't exceptional but then again... how exceptional can mushroom and feta on toast get? It was a nice dish but with so many brunch places out there... nothing really set it apart from the competition. I know they are owned by the same people that bought us Top Paddock and Three bags Full..... but the mushroom and feta.... just wasn't quite the same... I can't quite put my finger on it to say why it's different either....

Next I got the Black Angus Steak Sandwich, with bacon, beetroot chutney and chesse. I preferred this over the mushrooms, only being that that beetroot chutney worked really well with the Angus and bacon. You can get steak sandwiches at a lot of places but this was a more sophisticated spend on your regular pub variety.

My friend got the Reuben and mentioned that it was worth trying ;)

I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to try the yoghurt panna cotta, when I go back that is definitely on my list to try.



Overall I would rate it a 14/20. It's a nice place to hangout on the weekend. Nice decor inside too!

  Two Birds One Stone on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig